Today I’m sharing five of our favorite easy weeknight dinners! We make these meals all the time and love them! To follow along with my cooking, be sure to follow me on Instagram and check out my #BlairBlogsCooks hashtag.
1 | Fajita/taco bowls
This meal is so easy it’s crazy. We make these all the time and eat off of the leftovers for several days!
- 1 lb ground beef (you could sub any other kind of meat/meat substitute)
- Fajita or taco seasoning
- Jasmine rice (you could sub white rice or brown rice)
- Fajita veggies–peppers and onions (we use a green pepper, a red pepper, and two red onions)
Brown ground beef. Add seasoning. Cook rice according to instructions. Sauté fajita veggies. Layer rice, meat, and veggies in a bowl. Then, add whatever toppings you like!
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Black beans
That’s it! So easy and delicious.
- Scrambled eggs with fajita veggies
- Breakfast burritos
- Salad with leftover toppings
2 | Chili with cornbread
This meal is filling, healthy, and easy!
- Boxed cornbread mix (whichever one you like!)
- 1 TBSP butter
- Squeeze of honey
After baking, melt butter and honey and brush on top of cornbread while it’s still warm. Delicious! (You can also make cornbread muffins and freeze the leftovers.)
3 | Arugula watermelon salad
This is easily our favorite summer meal. We eat it constantly!
- Cubed watermelon
- Cubed chicken (we usually buy a rotisserie chicken and cut it up)
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Throw it all in a bowl and enjoy! We eat this salad at least once a week. It is absolutely delicious in every way! And healthy too!
4 | Baked potato and soup
- Potato toppings (butter, cheese, sour cream, chives, bacon, etc.)
- Soup (canned or homemade–here’s our favorite homemade tomato soup recipe!)
Bake potatoes (here’s the exact method we use). Prepare soup. Enjoy!
Here are a couple of variations of this meal that we also eat often.
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- BLTs and soup
- Paninis and soup
5 | Grilled chicken with fruit and veg
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken marinade (whatever sounds good)
It doesn’t get easier than this! Throw your chicken in the marinade in the morning and grill it before dinner. While it’s cooking, cut up some fruit and steam some veggies. Easy, healthy, filling!
// What’s your favorite easy weeknight dinner?
Thank you for reading/watching! You can find me online on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email. Take a look at my Etsy shop where I sell tees, totes, sweatshirts, and pillow covers! Are you a blogger too? Check out my Blogger Mentorship Program.