It’s no secret that Christian music has a bad stigma. Some people say it sounds too preachy, or too gospely, or that it all sounds the same. Listen, I’m not disagreeing.
And while I do listen to a lot of mainstream music as well, sometimes I crave the refreshment and clarity that Christian music can bring. It’s hard to describe…but sometimes worshiping God through music gives me more energy than eight hours of sleep, more decision-making ability than 30 pro-con lists, and more peace than hours of yoga.
And we all need more energy, decision-making ability, and peace, right? If you’ve stayed away from Christian music because it has left a bad taste in your mouth, you’re not alone. Here are some songs I love that will cleanse your palate and renew your soul…
- By Your Side by Tenth Avenue North (favorite song of all time)
- Take My Hand by Shawn McDonald (love the sound of this one)
- Times by Tenth Avenue North (my favorite band)
- Stronger by Mandisa (this song is a JAM)
- Not For A Moment by Meredith Andrews (current favorite)
- You’re Not Alone by Meredith Andrews
- Something Beautiful by NEEDTOBREATHE
- Who You Are by Unspoken
- You Are by Colton Dixon
- Great I Am by Phillips Craig & Dean
- Hosana by Hillsong
- Healing Begins by Tenth Avenue North
- Beautiful Things by Gungor
- Homesick by MercyMe
- Blessings by Laura Story
- How He Loves by David Crowder
- Yearn by Shane & Shane (one of my favorites)
- Everything is Different by Shane & Shane
- In Better Hands by Natalie Grant
- This Little Light of Mine by Addison Road (makes me cry every.single.time.)
- Legacy by Nichole Nordeman
- 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) by Matt Redman
- Your Love Is Extravagant by Casting Crowns
- Does Anybody Hear Her by Casting Crowns (so beautiful)
- It’s Your Life by Francesca Battistelli
- Mighty to Save by Hillsong
- Dive by Steven Curtis Chapman
I hope at least one of these songs can be a blessing to you. Perhaps this list of different sounding artists and songs will change your opinion of Christian music. If not, that’s okay too. But I will be forever thankful for these songs–they’ve gotten me through life!
“I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.” -Psalm 104:33
Great list! Love Immeasurable by Ryan Long is a good one too!
Blair Menzel says
Emily, thanks for reading! I’ll have to check out Love Immeasurable!