Today is the 11th installment of an ongoing post series, What I’m Loving (June edition, July edition, August edition, September edition, October edition, November edition, December edition, January edition, February edition, March edition), where I share what I’ve been loving lately in the following categories: Food and Drink, Makeup and Beauty, Home Décor and Products, Entertainment (TV, Music, Books, Internet), Clothing and Accessories, and Priceless. Let’s get started!
As always, any Amazon links I share are affiliate links. This means that the price of the item won’t change for you, but I receive a small commission of the sale which helps me keep my content free and my site up and running. Thanks!
Food and Drink
- Brownie Brittle– We brought some of this to the beach with us and thoroughly enjoyed it! It’s exactly what it sounds like–brownies in crunchy brittle form. It’s not healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but a lot less fattening than traditional brownies. Yummy! (Especially the salted caramel version!)
- Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato with coconut milk– Iced caramel macchiatos are my go-to drink at Starbucks all year round. Recently, I’ve been ordering them with coconut milk and somehow I now love them even more! Coconut milk also makes me feel less dehydrated after enjoying my drink. (If you’re wondering, Starbucks is the only coffee shop within 30 miles of our house, so it’s our only coffee shop option!)
Makeup and Beauty
- Lipsense in “Praline Rose”– A reader/Lipsense distributor sent me this to try (thanks Brittany!) and I’ve really enjoyed both the color and long-wear formula. (Color-wise, I wore it in this video and this video.) It really does last for many hours and doesn’t wear off! If you’re interested in learning more about Lipsense and/or purchasing some, you can email Brittany here. She’s super sweet and very helpful! Lipsense people–what are your favorite colors?
- Hot Tools 1″ curling iron– I have had this for years, but I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned it here on my blog. Whenever my hair has been curled in the last year, this is what I’ve used to achieve it. (I go through seasons of using this or my Miraqueen, but I’ve been all about my curling iron for a while now.) If you’re in the market, I highly recommend this model.
- Illusion Lip Enhancer– I received this in a Birch Box (referral link) last year and am still using it. Apparently, it’s supposed to work with any lipstick to define lips and make them look fuller, but I use it as an all-over lip color pencil. It is the perfect nude for me! (I’m wearing it in this video and this video.) It’s finally getting down to a tiny little nub, so I need to re-order, but I highly recommend it!
Home Décor and Products
- Canon G7X Mark II Camera– When I mentioned that we splurge on technology in this post, I meant it! As I’ve gotten more into my YouTube channel, I’ve realized that a vlogging camera would make my life a lot easier rather than using either my iPhone or bulky DSLR. I am obsessed x 1000 with this camera. It is absolutely fantastic! I can’t recommend it enough. (I also purchased this case for the camera.)
- ComfiLife memory foam chair pillow– Riley surprised me with this a while back, but I’ve forgotten to mention it until now. (Yes, an orthopedic butt pillow is a fun surprise from your husband when you have scoliosis! 😉 ) I keep this in my car and absolutely love it. It makes such a big difference in my back pain when I sit on it! Fellow back pain sufferers–get one of these!
Entertainment (TV, Music, Books, Internet)
- S-Town podcast– Everyone in my life was talking about S-Town for weeks before I finally downloaded it. After listening to all eight episodes, I think it’s worth the hype. The podcast follows one incredible, winding, fascinating, strange, bizarre, very interesting story about a man from a small town in Alabama. If you’re a podcast person and you liked Serial, you’ll likely enjoy this one!
- The Birth Hour podcast– Some of you know that I am a total birth nerd/junkie. I have been obsessed with women’s health, pregnancy, and birth for my entire adult life. (Wait until I get pregnant, you don’t know what you’re in for.) (Also, yes, I’m still working on my natural birth control post.) I love this podcast and have listened to almost every episode since I discovered it in mid-April. Each episode is a woman telling her birth story/stories. The stories are so fascinating, raw, and beautiful. I just love listening to them!
Clothing and Accessories
- Mossimo Women’s Tank Dress in black– We don’t live near a Target, so the days of picking up a few new affordable pieces for my wardrobe at every change of season are over (sad, but probably for the best). When I was in Florida last month, though, I picked up this sundress. It’s perfect and so, so comfortable! And I love the length–summery but not too short (it looks short on the model because she’s almost 5’10”). The keyhole cutout in the back is a nice touch, too, though my hair usually covers it. For under $20, it’s perfect!
- My sister’s engagement– My sister got engaged in mid-April! Everyone is so excited for her and her new fiancé, and we can’t wait to attend their wedding when the time comes. It’s beautiful to watch her grow up and prepare to be a wife and bride!
- A weekend away in Galveston– Time away at the beach is always so refreshing to my soul. I loved this trip! (I won’t go into it further because I’ve already blogged about it and shared a video!)
- Looong days– I am all about these long spring-almost-summer days. It stays light until past 8pm! I am obsessed with this time of year.
- Evening showers– I mean taking a shower in the evening, not rain showers (though I love them too). When it’s fall and winter, I take my showers in the morning, but when it’s spring and summer, I always switch to showering at night. I don’t exactly know why, although I think the heat makes me want to rinse off and cool down before bed. Anyway, once I start showering at night, I know summer is around the corner! Yay!
- Not watching TV– After reluctantly getting rid of cable in February, I have all but stopped watching TV completely. If I watch one hour a week, it’s a rarity. I don’t even watch Netflix! I’ve given up all those shows I “had” to keep up with and spend my time doing more productive and life-giving things. I don’t even recognize this version of myself since I’ve been such a TV junkie for years, but I like her. If you’re considering pulling the cable plug, do it! If I can do it, literally anyone can.
// That’s what I’ve been loving lately! What about you?
Thank you for reading/watching! You can find me online on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email. Take a look at my Etsy shop where I sell tees, totes, sweatshirts, and pillow covers! Are you a blogger too? Check out my Blogger Mentorship Program.
Related: What I’m Loving (June 2016) & What I’m Loving (July 2016) & What I’m Loving (August 2016) & What I’m Loving (September 2016) & What I’m Loving (October 2016) & What I’m Loving (November 2016) & What I’m Loving (December 2016) & What I’m Loving (January 2017) & What I’m Loving (February 2017) & What I’m Loving (March 2017)