Today is the 10th installment of an ongoing post series, What I’m Loving (June edition, July edition, August edition, September edition, October edition, November edition, December edition, January edition, February edition), where I share what I’ve been loving lately in the following categories: Food and Drink, Makeup and Beauty, Home Décor and Products, Entertainment (TV, Music, Books, Internet), Clothing and Accessories, and Priceless. Let’s get started!
As always, any Amazon links I share are affiliate links. This means that the price of the item won’t change for you, but I receive a small commission of the sale which helps me keep my content free and my site up and running. Thanks!
Food and Drink
- The Republic of Tea Organic Raspberry Leaf Tea for Women’s Health– I have read countless articles and blog posts touting the benefits of raspberry leaf tea for women (Google it!) and have been meaning to try it for years. Y’all know I love a good cup of tea, and this blend is delicious. It tastes like berries and cream in tea form! Super yummy. A splash of cream or almond milk and it’s perfect–the tea is sweet enough without honey. I’ve really enjoyed the light, sweet taste (and health benefits) as the weather warms up. The Republic of Tea sent me this to try; I was not paid to mention it on my blog. All opinions are genuine and my own.
- Homemade tortillas– I can’t say enough good things about these tortillas. Tacos and fajitas are only as good as the tortillas they’re eaten in–that’s a fact! If you don’t live in a part of the country where you can get fresh homemade tortillas in local restaurants or at your grocery store, you’ve got to make these at home. Super easy and incredibly scrumptious.
- Zevia Soda– When I’m craving something fizzy, I’m usually a La Croix girl. A couple of weeks ago, though, I was wanting “real” soda, like the sweet, syrupy stuff. I decided to try both the Cream Soda and Ginger Ale flavors of Zevia to avoid the exorbitant sugar in regular soda or the freaky chemicals in diet soda. It’s really good, especially the Ginger Ale! You could not trick me into thinking this was “real” soda, but it definitely tackles those cravings. I like it and recommend it to fellow fizz lovers.
Makeup and Beauty
- I didn’t buy or try anything new this month in makeup and beauty; nothing to report!
Home Décor and Products
- TORRAS Liquid Silicone iPhone Case– I shared this case on Instagram when I got it because I totally love it! I’ve since had probably five blog friends/friends/family message me and say that they’ve ordered one, too. It’s a great lightweight silicone case that offers moderate phone protection, a grippy exterior, and a slim shell. Highly recommended.
- iClever Car Mount Magnet Phone Holder– This was a “Lightening Deal” on Amazon a few weeks ago, and Riley and I had been talking about purchasing one anyway, so I ordered one. This is a road trip game changer! I can set my phone to navigate somewhere and mount it, and then I have hands-free access to the directions. We should have gotten one sooner, it’s much safer than holding a phone while looking at the map.
Entertainment (TV, Music, Books, Internet)
- Patricia B in France– I love this channel! It’s created by an American who studied abroad in France, met and fell in love with a Frenchman, got married, and now lives in southern France with her husband and daughter (and second child on the way!). She’s informative, pleasant, and interesting–I highly recommend, especially if you love learning about other cultures!
- BitsAndClips– Marie from BitsAndClips is relatively well-known around YouTube, and for good reason. She’s quirky, whimsical, and has a heart of gold. She shares vlogs, recipes, chatty videos, and lots of pregnancy content as she’s expecting her third. Y’all know how I feel about pregnancy and birth! 😉
- Missing: Richard Simmons– This podcast is strange and fascinating and unsettling all at once! One of my former mentees/blog friends Grady (hi!) recommended it to me, and I flew through the episodes in a few days. If you’re a podcast junkie, you’ll love it. (Basic premise: Richard Simmons has been totally MIA for the past two years and no one in the world knows why.)
- Happier Ep. 110: Are You Lonely?– If you’ve been following along with my Rooted series, you know that I’ve had an incredibly difficult time finding “my people” in our small town. This podcast episode was a huge blessing to me. It legitimized so much of what I’ve felt in the past almost-two years and helped me feel less weird and alone in it. I plan on sharing more about this in my April: Rooted video early next month. If you’re lonely or are also trying to get rooted in a new place, this is worth a listen.
- White Noise HD App– In March, I traveled three weekends in a row, which is a rarity. We use a Dohm sound machine every night at home, but it’s too bulky to take on the road and the travel options I’ve found pale in comparison and aren’t worth lugging around the country. This app is a lifesaver for me! I turn it on using my iPad and it allows me to sleep soundly when I’m not in my own bed.
- The Red Tent– This book is fantastic! It was a recommendation from a college sorority sister/blog reader (hi Olivia!) and I truly enjoyed it. The story is biblical fiction and was especially interesting to me because I’m currently in the middle of an intensive weekly Bible study on the book of Genesis. I loved imagining what some of Jacob’s wives, their handmaidens, and their children were like outside of their brief descriptions in Genesis. Though largely fictional, the author’s words added color and depth to the actual Bible for me as I thought about what the women were thinking, feeling, and doing during this period of time in history. Incredibly fascinating. (The book is written from the perspective of Dinah, who was Leah’s only daughter.)
Clothing and Accessories
- My Spring Etsy line– I don’t often purchase new clothes, so I have nothing to share for March. That said, I launched my new Etsy line! Six new designs and a gorgeous new light blue shirt. Check it out here!
- Time with my grandparents– I flew to Florida to spend time with my grandparents in March and wrote about it here. A great trip with great company…and memories I’ll carry with me for a lifetime!
- Time with friends- Two weekends in a row, I drove to Austin–the first to see my mom who was there on business, and the second to attend my friend’s wedding. Both were fantastic and much-needed time with people I love!
- Spring weather- I can’t accurately express how much my mood boosts when spring weather begins. I am a warm-weather lover through and through and those chilly, dark winter months are the worst! The long days and mild temperatures we’ve been enjoying lately have put such a spring in my step (pun intended!)!
// That’s what I’ve been loving lately! What about you?
Thank you for reading/watching! You can find me online on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and YouTube. If you’d like to be alerted whenever I publish a new post, you can follow me on Bloglovin’ or subscribe via email. Take a look at my Etsy shop where I sell tees, totes, sweatshirts, and pillow covers! Are you a blogger too? Check out my Blogger Mentorship Program.
Related: What I’m Loving (June 2016) & What I’m Loving (July 2016) & What I’m Loving (August 2016) & What I’m Loving (September 2016) & What I’m Loving (October 2016) & What I’m Loving (November 2016) & What I’m Loving (December 2016) & What I’m Loving (January 2017) & What I’m Loving (February 2017)